Regional Quality Officer - South
The Quality Assurance Team is a dedicated team who support the whole of Helping Hands in the following areas: Safeguarding, Quality, Health and Safety, Risk Management, Environment, Business Continuity and Information Governance.
The Regional Quality Partner will be responsible for line managing allocated individuals within the Quality Assurance Team.
The Regional Quality Partner will play a key role in supporting our services through completing internal quality assurance assessments – which look at all three areas of quality – Effectiveness, Safety and Experience. Identifying areas for improvements and supporting to increase the quality of care provision.
The person we are looking for will be experienced in the care arena, a ‘can-do’ and passionate individual who puts customers and our carers first, understands what good quality looks like and is able to challenge and improve services, whilst appreciating the internal and external pressures. They will have excellent IT skills- as report, guidance and policy writing along with action plan monitoring is key to the role.
Being a car driver is essential to support travelling to our sites
- To assist the provision of a professional quality assurance service through active participation in the development and integration of Helping Hands policies and procedures.
- To be able to audit independently and as part of a team with good knowledge and understanding of the company, contractual and regulatory requirements.
- To support the Helping Hands operational business through the identification of strengths and weaknesses / gaps in the Helping Hands Quality approach and establish potential solutions to enhance on success and bridge the gaps or strengthen the system to deliver Quality excellence into the business.
- Provide advice and support in relation to Quality compliance through the proactive management of risk.
- Facilitate internal Quality audit programmes ensuring they are suitable and timely. To ensure the closure of all actions and ensuring the information is utilised across the Region to ensure continuous improvement, this includes trend analyses.
- To liaise with all external registration bodies e.g. CQC to ensure management teams are supported by a competent guide during the respective inspection/audit.
- Manage and co-ordinate audits to assure documented procedures and policies are adhered to, implemented effectively and are suitable to achieve contracted and business goals.
- Work productively and flexibly with colleagues both within the Quality team and Regional office
- Support a Quality System, recommending improvements as appropriate
Who You Are
- Relevant experience of working within a QA Auditing role
- Diploma in Quality Assurance / Management (or equivalent) or ISO 9001 Lead Auditor equivalent.
- NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety or IOHS (or equivalent) (preferred but not essential)
- Positive attitude, coupled with an ability and willingness to work with colleagues within and external to find new and better ways of working within regulatory and legal frameworks
- Professional approach – in accordance with the behaviour and values statement
- Customer focused – understanding customer needs
- Organiser –effective at managing time to ensure that projects and tasks are completed efficiently
- Team Player – ability to work with others to deliver results and, where appropriate, providing support and guidance
- Effective communicator – confident with both the written and spoken word
- Promote openness and empowerment through personal example
- Act as an example of integrity and constructive communication to others
Did you know that Helping Hands are the only care company in the UK to be a winner in the annual Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards, a list of the Best Places to Work in 2018.
Here at Helping Hands, we’ve been supporting people with award-winning care across England and Wales since 1989; enabling them to remain in the familiarity of their own homes, surrounded by the things and people they love.
We take pride in and enjoy what we do, whilst achieving a better future for our customers and colleagues. Knowing that we all work together to change people’s lives for the better is a wonderful thing.