Regional HR Advisor - Swindon
Salary £27,000 - £30,000 plus Car or Car Allowance
Are you an HR Advisor looking for a chance to join an exciting and growing organisation that makes a difference to people every day? Are you looking for a challenging HR opportunity with a company that will celebrate your success and support you to develop knowledge further in your career?
Helping Hands is one of the fastest growing care companies across the UK and are currently going through an ambitious growth plan opening a number of new branches across the hourly care network. We now have an exciting career opportunity for an ER focused HR Advisor to support our branches in the South region.
Reporting to the Head of HR and part of our innovative, fast paced and forward thinking HR team, the HR Advisor will provide day to day support to the regional Operations teams in their understanding of company polices, best practice and employment law. This role is an office based role working within one of our South branches, however you will be expected to undertake regular travel throughout the week to other branches across the South Region, and attend a weekly visit to our Head Office location in Warwickshire.
- Contribute to business performance by working closely with managers to coach them in their understanding and implementation of the companies people related policies and procedures.
- Provide expertise in ER matters arising throughout the South Region, including any investigations, disciplinary, grievances, performance and conflict management.
- Log and report all HR activities for the South Region.
- Support Managers in meetings by minute taking, composing and sending out letters, minutes, invitations and any other associated paperwork.
- Ensure the relevant systems are updated with employee information and the correct documents, paperwork and policies are being used in Branches
- Work closely with the operations team in advising on a consistent approach to people related activities and actions across the business.
- Attend Regional Meetings in the South, and provide updates and coaching on People related policies.
- Advising managers on the use of company’s absence management policy and actions to be taken where necessary.
- Liaise with the Quality Department over issues alerted to HR that that may have implications for safeguarding/CQC regulations/Accidents.
- Liaise with Head Office HR Team in activities being undertaken in the South and assist in group HR projects
- Work with HR compliance to address employee issues arising in South branches with RTW/DBS/References.
Who You Are
You will be a busy, and important member of the HR team so will need strong ER and Employment Law knowledge, excellent influencing and negotiating skills and have the ability to move quickly with change. We want someone that will go the extra mile, put HR at the forefront of what they do and have the experience of successfully delivering in a fast paced, commercial and complex HR function.
- Previous experience of working either at an HR Advisor or HR Officer capacity and will have undertaken some HR study or be working towards a CIPD qualification.
- Be proficient in IT with Excel, Outlook and Word to intermediate level.
- You must have a full valid UK driving licence and flexibility for frequent regional travel
- It would be advantageous to have prior experience in the domiciliary care sector.
Did you know that Helping Hands are the only care company in the UK to be a winner in the annual Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards, a list of the Best Places to Work in 2018.
Founded in 1989, Helping Hands Homecare is an award-winning provider of live-in and hourly visiting care. We have experienced unprecedented growth over the last 10 years and are currently one of the fastest growing live in care companies within the UK. We are committed to providing the best level of care to our customers and equally to employing the best people, our business is all about people and providing an engaging and productive work environment is of supreme importance to us.