Regional Care Manager - Croydon
Are you looking for a real change and the chance to join an exciting and growing organisation that makes a difference every day? Would you like to work for a company that celebrates your success and where you are supported to drive and grow your own region? It takes a truly special domiciliary care manager, with the right personality and passion for making a difference to work for Helping Hands.
Helping Hands is one of the fastest growing care companies across the UK and are currently going through an ambitious business growth plan. We pride ourselves on quality, truly person-centred care and ensure that our domiciliary care managers have the same embedded qualities and are on board with our brand core values.
To support the growth of our Live-In Care programme we are actively recruiting an ambitious, commercial and compassionate care manager to develop, lead and grow the East region. Based in the field and accountable to the Head of Live-In Care you will take full responsibility for the management, development and growth of Live-In customers, carers and care packages across your region while promoting the highest standards of care and services and ensuring quality standards are maintained within all areas of the business. Within this role you will also promote, drive forward and take accountability for your region to achieve/exceed targets and KPI’s while meeting staff compliance, CQC regulations and company policies.
- Ensure that the care provision for clients within a designated geographical area is managed in its entirety whilst promoting independence, choice and dignity at all times.
- Start new customers care efficiently ensuring service standards are met and outcome based care is planned and delivered.
- Select and approve all carers from an available workforce to meet the needs of the client.
- Effectively support and motivate a remote workforce providing supervision, direction and advice where required
- Deal with performance management issues that arise for any carers in placement, coaching to improve performance.
- Manage concerns and complaints across the region to increase customer retention through great customer service
- Ensure communication systems are effective across all departments and in liaison internally, with external professionals and significant others as appropriate.
- Managing compliance and quality assurance across the region.
- Develop and manage relationships with clients, local authority, customers and their families.
- Seek opportunities to strengthen professional relationships with business critical individuals and identify business development opportunities and networks.
- New business conversion to be achieved on a monthly basis.
The Ideal Candidate
You will be a busy, and very important member of our team so you will need business, sales and staff management experience and have the ability to grow with our business and move quickly with change. We want someone that will go the extra mile, put quality at the forefront of what they do while delivering a customer facing service. You will have managed a team and their ongoing development, be an inspirational leader, able to motivate and communicate effectively and have the drive to achieve KPI’s and targets. You must also be empathetic, self-motivated and a highly skilled influencer.
- Must have experience in a management position within the Domiciliary Care sector
- Comprehensive understanding of commercial principles and practices
- Experience in managing people
- Must hold a current British driving licence
About the Company
- Did you know that Helping Hands are the only care company in the UK to be a winner in the annual Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards, a list of the Best Places to Work in 2018.
- Founded in 1989, Helping Hands Homecare is an award-winning provider of live-in and hourly visiting care. We have experienced unprecedented growth over the last 10 years and are currently one of the fasted growing live in care companies in the UK. We are committed to providing the best level of care to our customers and equally to employing and developing the best people to share in our continued business growth.