HR Advisor (Employee Relations)
An Exciting opportunity has arisen for an HR Advisor to join our Busy Human Resources Team in Alcester, Warwickshire. This role would suit a confident and outgoing individual wishing to join a fast paced team working together to provide day to day support and employment advice to Managers within the Care Sector. Previous experience of the Care Industry would be useful but not essential to this role. This is a generalist HR Role heavily focused on Employee Relations, therefore a good rounded knowledge of employment law, particularly related to NMW, WTR, TUPE & Zero hour contacts will be desirable along with hands on experience of carrying out and facilitating investigations, and advising on Disciplinary and Grievance Procedures and documentation.
- Active Member of HR Team of 6
- Advising Managers on HR Best Practice and Employment Law
- Carrying out daily communication with Field and Branch Based Managers to offer support & guidance on people related policies and procedures
- Day to day Case management including Investigations, Disciplinary and Grievance
- Supporting Managers and minute taking in meetings with Employees
- Maintaining HR policies, procedures, manuals, folders induction and training documentation
- Handling employee complaints and query’s
- Carrying our Employee Inductions and carrying out Exit Interviews with leavers
- Preparation of HR related reports and statistics
- Drafting of letters related to discipline, grievance, absence, maternity and flexible working
- Delivering, training and advice to Managers on HR polices and best practice
Who You Are
- Previous HR experience gained at either Advisor or Officer level
- An HR or CIPD qualification, or be studying towards a qualification, or have a minimum of 3 years proven HR experience in an Advisory capacity.
- Strong ER and Employment Law knowledge
- Key skills in IT, Excel, Outlook and Word to Intermediate level or above.
- The ability to be flexible to additional working hours where required, core hours 8.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday
- Full UK driving licence and own vehicle, able to travel occasionally to Branch locations (with a mileage allowance)
- Advantageous to have prior experience of safeguarding requirements and/or the Care Sector.
Did you know that Helping Hands are the only care company in the UK to be a winner in the annual Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards, a list of the Best Places to Work in 2018.
Founded in 1989, Helping Hands Homecare is an award-winning provider of live-in and hourly visiting care. We have experienced unprecedented growth over the last 10 years and are currently one of the fastest growing live in care companies within the UK. We are committed to providing the best level of care to our customers and equally to employing the best people, our business is all about people and providing an engaging and productive work environment is of supreme importance to us.