Field Care Supervisor - Bury St Edmunds
We are looking for a Care and Training Practitioner (Senior) to support our management team within the Bury St Edmunds area to deliver our high-quality services. You’ll be joining an award-winning national Care Provider who specialise in high quality domiciliary care from 30 minutes per week to full live in care. You’ll be working alongside an experienced team, highly skilled in care management including clinical, nursing and complex care to deliver the very best care and outcomes to our customers.
We support anyone over the age of 18 to remain living independently in their own home. Our support ranges from companionship and home help to nurse led clinical intervention meaning our customers can receive care from the same carers right from the start of their journey to the end.
As a Care and Training Practitioner you will be responsible for the supervision and support of our carers in the community and ensuring that our customers receive excellent quality care and support in their own homes.
To achieve this, you’ll have a varied and exciting role including quality assurance through completing direct observations and competency checks of your community-based carer teams. You’ll be auditing records both in the branch and in the community to ensure the safety and quality of our care
Another important aspect of the role will be meeting our customers and their representatives to complete assessments and reassessments of their care needs. You’ll be helping people decide on how they want their care to be delivered and you’ll play a key role in ensuring we meet their preferences, outcomes and personal goals.
The most exciting part of the role includes assisting us to find the very best people to join our team of carers. You’ll be involved in their recruitment, induction, training and mentoring plus on-going peer support.
- Organise, set up, maintain and audit all Medication Administration and Daily Log Record Sheets and make recommendation as a result of audit findings
- Ensure customer wellbeing and ensure they are happy with the service they are receiving. Report findings to the Branch Manager
- Community based support including auditing of paperwork within customers’ homes.
- Deliver in branch training of carers to include carer induction and any mandatory training updates as & when required.
- Be responsible for organising and completing training documentation and ensuring evidence is collated and returned as required.
- Manage carer induction schedules and ensure carers complete the Care Certificate in the timescales required.
- Responsible for all administrative tasks & Cold Harbour (IT System) Updates in association with your day to day activities.
- Assess new business and complete reassessments in line with the company procedure
- Support the Branch Manager and Care Coordinator in the recruitment of new individuals to join the carer team.
- Complete direct observations of the community-based carer team in line with the company procedure to include medication signing off for all new carers
- Cover care calls on rota or/and as and when required and share On-Call duties
- Any other duties depending on the needs of the business
Who You Are
Ideally you will be an experienced Carer or Senior Carer/Team Leader working in a domiciliary care setting. We’d like you to hold a care related qualification such as NVQ/QCF Level 2 or above in Health and Social Care, but this is not strictly necessary if you are committed to personal learning and development.
You’ll be an excellent team player but also able to use your own initiative and work unsupervised.
You must be confident and outgoing with the ability to deliver training to a group of people.
You will be responsible for overseeing medication support for all customers that require medication and will be competent in record keeping.
You will be used to a customer facing environment and able to deliver an exceptional level of customer service.
Ideally, you will have excellent administration, IT literacy, communication and organisation skills as well as strong attention to detail.
Full training and support will be provided to enable your success in this role.