Due to company growth an exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced and highly organised finance professional to join our growing company as a Credit Controller. Working with our closely knit and growing team of finance professionals you will be responsible for efficient cash collection, allocation, reconciliation and resolution in addition to general account maintenance. Reporting directly into the Head of Credit, you will also ensure the collection of overdue debts are processed, liaising with private customers, solicitors and external organisations.
- Input of payments onto Sage 200 – bacs, cheques, card and Direct Debit
- Allocation of payments to remittances provided
- Chasing debts by telephone, letter and email in line with weekly debtor reports produced by the Head of Credit
- Prompt allocation of credits produced where corrected invoices are run
- Promoting, setting up and maintaining accounts to pay by Direct Debits
- Liaising with customers and internal departments concerning queries on invoices with the aim to resolve as efficiently as possible
- Despatching monthly statements via post and e mail
- Act for swift recovery of payments where Direct Debits/cheques have been rejected/returned
- Use of Cold Harbour system to access customer details and information
- Ensure Head of Credit is kept up to date on progress in all areas especially on aged debt
Who You Are
It is essential that you have a proven track record in credit control and have a tenacious approach to collecting debt. You will be enthusiastic and self-motivated, able to work independently but also work as part of a team. You will possess excellent communication skills and be able to empathise and find suitable resolutions to outstanding payment queries. An excellent understanding of Sage 200 is a must, along with good knowledge of Microsoft Excel. You should also have the ability to work well under pressure in a high volume transactional environment.
Did you know that Helping Hands are the only care company in the UK to be a winner in the annual Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Awards, a list of the Best Places to Work in 2018.
Founded in 1989, Helping Hands Homecare is an award-winning provider of live-in and hourly visiting care. We have experienced unprecedented growth over the last 10 years and are currently one of the fastest growing live in care companies within the UK. We are committed to providing the best level of care to our customers and equally to employing the best people, our business is all about people and providing an engaging and productive work environment is of supreme importance to us.