At Helping Hands, we genuinely believe that care is one of the most amazing things you can provide for someone. Care is making sure their tea is made just as they like it. Care is taking the time to sit and listen. Care is going the extra mile. Care is providing people with peace, comfort and happiness in their own home.
The customers our carers visit every day have a wide range of care needs, personalities and lifestyles. We’re looking for carers who are empathetic, understanding and compassionate, to provide the award-winning care we pride ourselves on to enrich customer lives every day.
You might be a care assistant already, may have cared for a family member or friend previously, or just want the opportunity to make a real difference. Our 30 years of experience as the leading care provider has shown us that previous experience simply isn’t necessary to become a fantastic carer. We’ll give you all the tools and training you require to excel at what you do.
The role of a Care Assistant at Helping Hands is varied and largely depends on the customer you’ll be working with. Everything we do is designed to help our customers live happy, independent lives. In doing so, you’ll be:
- Providing personal care duties
- Administering medication
- Manual handling, using equipment where required
- Promoting customer health and wellbeing, enabling them to live their life to the full
- Flexibly work a range of shift patterns including alternate weekends
- A large part of their daily lives
Currently, our branch is looking for carers who work mornings, evenings or weekends.
Helping Hands has a straightforward ethos for its employees; You care for our customers. We care for you.
With this in mind, here are some of the benefits you can expect to receive right from the word go with us:
- Access to our Employee Assistance Program, providing support and guidance whenever you need it most
- Thousands of discounts through our Employee Benefits portal; including supermarkets, retailers and many more
- Flexible working
- An excellent rate of pay from £10.75 per hour
- Guaranteed hours available after your probation period is completed
- Being directly employed with us
- Mileage allowance
- Paid holidays
- Pension scheme
- Dedicated support from your branch management team
- Excellent career progression and development opportunities
Who You Are
To take advantage of all the benefits of working for the biggest domiciliary care provider in the UK, all we ask is that you have:
- The same passion for care as we do
- The right to work in the UK
- A valid driving license and access to your own car
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
PS - did you know that we’re the only care company recognised in the UK’s Best Places to Work awards, two years in a row?
There’s just one question left to ask; are you ready to come and join us?
We value the incredible jobs that our carers do and have a genuine commitment to providing high quality care. Joining Helping Hands, we promise you’ll be rewarded and well looked after. You’ll be carefully matched with customers and continuously supported. As you’re employed directly by us, you’ll benefit from paid holiday, a competitive pension, childcare vouchers. We’ll also guide you through the recruitment process, arrange your shadowing and award-winning training.
Helping Hands has been a leader in providing the highest standards of care to all of our customers since 1989. Our domiciliary and hourly care side of the business is growing and we’re looking for dedicated and enthusiastic Care Assistants and Support Workers to join our team and help our customer’s live independent lives. We’re really very proud of our carers. They are the heart of Helping Hands and truly make a difference to people’s lives, every single day. We expect dedication, empathy and professionalism from our carers – and in return, they receive the best possible training from our award-winning instructors. We also look after our Care Workers to make sure they receive all the support they want and need. Knowing that we all work together to change people’s lives for the better is a wonderful thing.
To find out more about becoming a Support Worker in care and making a difference, please visit www.helpinghands.co.uk
Web address is www.helpinghandshomecare.co.uk/jobs
or call 0808 180 1123 for an informal chat.